So many things on your MIND? Here's a checklist that will come in handy, just for you!
- High quality garbage bags for packing and trash
- Packing tape dispenser and durable packing tape
- More storage boxes than you think you’ll need
- Plain newspaper & plastic grocery bags for breakables
- Permanent marker for labelling every box and wrapped item. Label EVERYTHING!
- Dish soap and a sponge (or dishwasher detergent) to rewash any dishes that got dusty or dirty during the move
- Doormat to cut down on dirt being tracked in
- Rags and a bucket for immediate cleaning of your furniture, cabinets, floors, and surfaces
- Bottled water and a cooler with ice for you and your movers. Trail mix is a great snack to have on hand too!
- Bathroom supplies for one bathroom: toilet paper, hand towels, and soap
YOUR FIRST 24 HOURS IN
- A bag or suitcase of toiletries and everyday highly used items (toothbrush, hair brush, contact solution)
- Small supply of plastic ware: plastic utensil, paper plates, and napkins
- Pet owners: a few meals’ worth of pet food in separate plastic baggies
- A shower curtain liner
- Lightbulbs or a floor lamp if your new home doesn’t have ceiling fixtures